Meet Dr. Emily Bloom
Emily Bloom, M.D., FAAD, FAAP, has been practicing medicine since 1977. She’s a diplomat of both the American Academy of Dermatology and the American Academy of Pediatrics and is a recipient of the American Women’s Medical Association Award.
At her exclusive, private Beverly Hills practice, Dr. Bloom offers the full gamut of medical-dermatology services. Patients appreciate her attentiveness to detail and unrushed, individualized attention. She takes her time answering all questions and clearly explains the diagnosis and treatment. She gives each patient detailed written instructions — so each person understands exactly what to expect and steps to follow at home.
Patients appreciate that Dr. Bloom personally performs all procedures and treatments. (When you make an appointment with Dr. Bloom, you get Dr. Bloom) Her office has a comfortable, residential feel, and treatment rooms offer expansive, relaxing Beverly Hills views.
Dr. Bloom’s specialties include:
- Meticulous, comprehensive full-body scans: “I use bright lights and magnification to detect possible precancerous or cancerous lesions at their earliest, most curable stage,” says Dr. Bloom.
- Dermatology for children, tweens, and teens: With board certifications in both Dermatology and Pediatrics, Dr. Bloom (who is a mother of two), has a special way of dealing with children and teenagers — especially those who are embarrassed about acne. “Having practiced as a pediatrician, I enjoy caring for younger patients,” Dr. Bloom says. “I carefully explain to both patient and parents what is going on, so they can be more involved in the treatment.”
- Detailed take-home protocol, so the care continues even after the office is visit is over.
- Natural-looking aesthetic treatments: “I take my time to ensure the best outcome, with as little bruising as possible.”
- State-of-the-art equipment and the latest procedures: Dr. Bloom is one of the first doctors in the area to offer miraDry, and innovative, non-invasive treatment to reduce underarm sweat.